Thursday, March 19, 2009

PERSEVERANCE

I love the simplicity of these words and the power that they contain. I think of Winston Churchill and how he might have expressed these simple words. I don't know when he said them, but I can imagine that they were printed in his soul by a life of making mistakes and learning from them.
I think of Elder Corbridge when he shared his message of THE WAY from this last General Conference. You never give up, you just keep going. I am often reminded of great men and woman who achieved great things in this life despite the challenges that faced them. I think of the Joe and Jane who do not complain, but accept what has been offered them and they give their very best to life. I am grateful for the examples of those around me that serve not to be seen but because they love to serve and they love all people. I am grateful for them because they help melt away the cankered layers of pride that surround my heart and mind. I hope that I will never give up. I hope that I will more fully accept the medicine of service to others instead of wollowing in my sorrows and mistakes. I hope that ... I may continue hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment