Monday, April 13, 2009

REPENTANCE

So I wanted to post something today I decided to post something about a principle that I have not yet embodied Completely, and that is Repentance. I found this blog by a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints that was so good. he mentioned many choice aspects of Repentance that clarified my understanding of that principle. he said the following:

The point of repentance and then obedience thereafter is for the individual to witness the grace, power, and mercy of Christ's Atonement in his life. No man could repent without God's grace. But as we actively engage in the process of sanctification, we can become a witness to the power of God.

Here is the url for his blog. I highly encourage visiting it because it was very insightful and I cannot deny that the spirit spoke to my heart about the principle of Repentance and how I personally need to magnify that principle in my life.
I know that Christ is the Savior of the World. He is our personal Savior. There was nothing general about His Sacrifice in our behalf. There was no blanket salvation. There was a specific price paid for each of us individually. Elder Jeffery R. Holland, plead with the world just over a week ago to not let the Savior suffer alone again. Let us all pick up the cross he has called us to bare and not be ashamed of it. Let us Serve without expecting something in return. Let us serve because we love our God. I am not quite there yet, but I am working at it. I hope that we will each sustain each other in our pursuits to become more like Christ.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d102/everyday_something/Book%2520of%2520Mormon/httpwww.jpg&imgrefurl=http://ldsdoctrine.blogspot.com/2007/11/repentance-witnessing-gods-grace.html&usg=__KpON9kgakHvGfQr-dhLH-cizVS8=&h=400&w=500&sz=69&hl=en&start=28&tbnid=rZUTDIhZN4gASM:&tbnh=104&tbnw=130&prev=/images%3Fq%3DRepentance%26gbv%3D2%26ndsp%3D18%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26start%3D18

No comments:

Post a Comment